Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Any Minute

My friends at Hachette Group suggested a book I might enjoy. It was due to arrive ANY MINUTE, appeared and I finished it this week.

Currently, my book reading has been infrequent, sporadic at best. I invest all spare time into writing, editing, writing, editing, oh, and there's a few re-writes in there, too.

When I'm not knee deep in my own stuff, I like to 'relax' with the heavy weights, Anna Karenina, I like the thought provokers, Jodi Picoult. I like anything that makes me cry. Surprising to me, I have discovered YA (thank you Anne & May) and a pinch of Chick Lit lifts the spirit.

When I'm bone weary of the real world, I pick up a 'bath-tub' book (that's the kind that if they fall in no one's upset, it's usually a...let me whisper it...a Harlequin).

It was a pleasure to pick up a brand new hard bound, crack it open, peek inside and bury myself in someone else's story. I have to say, some of this hit a little too close to home: working mom, invests a lot for the job, some things at home slide. So, while it wasn't a heavy weight, and didn't make me cry, it did present some thoughts to wrestle with.

Review: I cared about the characters and what happened to them, and although not all elements of the story worked for me (the mother’s back story made more sense had it happened in the grandmother’s generation) those were small issues in the overall delivery of a story of self-discovery. We are left with hope that life can be better—even if not always by our own power—and what matters most are the relationships we nurture within our family.

ANY MINUTE
ISBN: 9780446582537
Author: Meyer, Joyce
Publisher: Faithwords
Author: Bedford, Deborah
Subject: Religious - General
Subject: Christian - General
Publication Date: June 2009
Binding: Hardcover
Language: English
Pages: 304


Top

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let the commenting commence! The First Carol retains the right to have the last word.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Related Posts with Thumbnails